Bath for Europe Data Protection Policy
It is necessary for Bath for Europe (BfE) to hold personal information about you in order that we may maintain communication, through newsletters and mailings. We are committed to keeping your personal information secure. Our data protection policy is as follows:
- We (BfE) will only hold personal data sufficient for us to communicate with you. The standard will be:
- Your name
- Your email address
In addition, we will hold information supplied by you on any skills that you wish to offer for furthering BfE’s campaign.
In addition and if offered by you, your post code will be held for the purpose of better targeting our messages to you.
In addition and if offered by you, your telephone number will be held for the purpose of arranging volunteer activities
We do not generally require and will not hold your address. The only exception is if you offer your address as part of any direct involvement by you with BfE.
- Your personal data will be held electronically on a secure membership database. If you have provided your personal data to BfE in hardcopy from (for example on a BfE ‘Stay in Touch’ card), then this hard copy will be destroyed once all your details have been transferred to the database.
- We will not share your personal data with any third party without your express permission.
- We will not share your personal data with any other supporters of BfE without your express permission. Note that the supporters’ database will be accessed by those members of BfE responsible for membership and communications. These members fully understand and agree to this BfE Data Protection Policy.
- In the event that you decide to unsubscribe from BfE, then your personal data will be deleted from our records.
- BfE reserves the right to publish photographs of supporters attending public BfE events (eg marches) for the purposes of promoting our BfE campaign, but we will not publish their names.
- At the completion of the BfE campaign and regardless of the outcome, all supporters will be notified that BfE has ceased campaigning and all personal data will be deleted. If a ‘follow- on’ organisation is established, then supporters will be given the opportunity to transfer their details to the new organisation.
BfE may update this policy from time to time. Should we make a change, we will let all supporters know immediately.
Version 1, 22 January 2018